Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Fourth!

"Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better"

Happy Belated Fourth! Of course I was working at The Woodland's all weekend so I did not get to actually celebrate, but I did get to spend the weekend with some great kids and adults here at The Woodlands. Bryan did get a 96 too and I really only got to see him a few times, which is extremely upsetting since I really never get to see him and during the summer, The Woodlands consumes my life. But I can not imagine not working at this camp and being with all of these crazy kids and adults with disabilities who have had such an amazing impact on my life. Everyday is life-changing.

I picked up Bryan on Friday evening at the airport and we went up to my house at school and just spent the night and caught up on everything that has been going on since the last time we got to see each other. Making me miss him that much more. Then I was off to work for the weekend and then I did get to see him last night from about 6 til this morning at 5AM. Needless to say, this morning was basically a hurricane of emotions and I had to put on a smile because thats what you always have to do here for the campers. Which is always a great part about the Woodlands. I can pretend that I am having an amazing day and not worry about the real life drama or upsetting news that usually is going on in my life. This is why working here at camp last summer was so wonderful, it made our first deployment fly by and took away all the typical down time that I usually during the summertime.

So on such a great weekend here at the woodlands, on one of the greatest holidays in US history... this is my life and it has not been too exciting. Music Camp is coming up though and one week until my birthday. Bryan is making another trip home to finally spend another long weekend together and to be together for my birthday. Also our four years is coming up, which makes me super happy, even if I do not get to see him on the exact day.

Until I get another free minute,
Cee

No comments:

Post a Comment