Friday, October 1, 2010

Its October...when did that happen?

So this morning while I was totally not paying attention on my 9am, I look down at my phone patiently awaiting another text message from B and I realized it was October 1st.  Seriously, when did that happen?  I feel like every day that I wake up, it really has been an entire week.  Which excites me, yet terrifies me all at the same time.  I love how quickly our enlistment is moving along, and how fast it seems to go in between the days I actually get to see B.  But to think that in less than 4 semesters I will be done with my undergraduate degree, and HOPEFULY on my way to graduate school with B out of the Corps.  Over half of our relationship has been him in the marines.  The other half was when we were in high school.  I absolutely can not wait until we get to have a place of our own and him start his college career, but seriously SLOW DOWN!  I want to enjoy the rest of my undergrad, PLEASE!  Not to mention, its almost time for Halloween, and by almost I mean its within reach!  I haven't even started looking for my costume.  Me and the girls are going to be going as the Armed Forces, of course I will be repping the USMC.  I just feel as if before I know it, Halloween is going to be here and my costume won't have even been made.  Yes we are all  into actually making our costumes,  putting a little thought into what we got.  

Next friday I am going back down to New Orleans.  It is my fall break from Friday until Tuesday and one of my friends has been living down there for the past 2 years.  Last year while B was deployed, one of my best friends and I took a trip down and so we decided to do it again.  During the day we get to help build houses - which is rewarding and fun, and at night we take it to Bourbon Street, so some entertainment.  We are into the Jazz clubs for sure.  Last year, an old man taught me how to swing - of course I was absolutely horrible at it.  But it was so much fun!  It really is an amazing city!  I recommend everyone trying to get there at least once in your life.  Our spring break happens to fall over Mardi Gras this year as well,  but this time I will be spending my break with B since I am kinda blowing him off this month.


We typically see each other once a month.  It is my month to take a trip down to Jax, but we talked about it and he was alright with me skipping out this month.  He will be home at least two weekends in November, plus he was home 2 weekends in September.  So although it is upsetting I will have to go another 4 weeks before I get to see him again, what I will be doing in NOLA will be an amazing experience.  Plus B got his leave approved in December, so he will not be going out into the field for 20 days, he gets to come home and I'll finally be able to take him to another Steeler Game!  Last year because of deployment, he missed out on all the games.  And if you know him, he loves his Steelers!


Until I have another free minute,
HAPPY WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment